The book I read on Monday (my circle day at the daycare) was:
Night Is Coming by W. Nikola-Lisa.
The illustrations by Jamichael Henterly evoke a sense of autumnal familiarity that makes me feel warm inside. The text is simply beautiful and poetic.
The rest of my autumn collection includes the following books:
- Apple Picking by Janet Craig
- Fresh Fall Leaves by Betsy Franco
- How do Apple Grow by Betsy Maestro
- I like Pumpkins, by Jerry Smath
- My First Halloween by Tomie DePaola
- Picking Apples and Pumpkins by Amy and Richard Hutchings
- The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
- Sam the Scarecrow by Sharon Gordon
- Squirrels and Chipmunks by Allan Fowler
- Ten Apples up on Top by Theo LeSeig
- The Witch Next Door by Norman Bridwell
- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watts
At home, when asked to choose a book for us to read together, my little elf chose Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to Our Children Will Change Their Lives Forever by Mem Fox. I’ve had this book in my library since it was published in 2001, the year my daughter was born. She loves the fact that we are reading aloud together a book about reading aloud together!!
So do I.