Thursday, November 19, 2009

What We're Reading This Week: November 19

Still going through the stack of library books from almost 2 weeks ago.

The Elf is particularly enjoying Mythology: The Gods, Heroes and Monsters of Ancient Greece (having a heck of a time finding a good link for this one) written by Dugald Steer under the pen name of “Lady Hestia Evans”.

It is from the so- called "Ologies Series" put out by Candlewick Press and is a unique and cool book with fun flaps and pockets, maps and genealogical tables and Greek mythology galore.

It even contains a pop up Pandora’s box.

A pop-up Pandora's box which I automatically reached for and opened up before I even realized what it was!

Book excerpt, “ Now you’ve done it! You couldn’t resist opening the box, could you? Now you know how Pandora must have felt.”

This book was sought out as a follow up and out of interest stirred by the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series we were reading a few weeks ago.

Picture books we enjoyed this week included:


Me, well for myself I read the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Kidd Monk and I just loved it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joeyandaleethea said...

That book sounds interesting. I too would've totally opened up that box first thing. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes I'm hosting -- not sure if I did it right, all I did was blog about it.

I'm a newbie, first time participant for this event, so please let me know if I should post this link anywhere else.

http://joeyandaleethea.typepad.com/blog/2009/11/what-my-child-is-readingand-the-dog-ate-my-homework.html

Om Mama said...

Thanks for dropping by. I think you did it right! At least that's what I'm planning to do when it's my turn to host in a few weeks from now! Nice to have found your blog!